Upskill at Flazéda
Join us for classes and workshops to progress your professional development as an artist!
Learn from our award winning teachers and develop practical dance/technique skills, as well as performance skills, and other aspects of performing, such as costume making, hair/wig styling and make up
Check out our full calendar of classes and book in at https://studiobookingsonline.com/flazeda/classcalendar
Join one of our amazing adult dance/performance/creation classes on offer for our term timetable. We have full locked terms, as well as drop-in classes available every week during the school term
If you're developing a new act or want to polish your creative performing arts, then book in for a private lesson with our in-house mentors!
Read our Terms and Conditions, so you understand how everything works!
Classes can be booked using "Class Credits"
One class credit costs $25, but you can bulk buy for discounts.
Do x4 classes a week, and you can purchase an "UNLIMITED" pack, that gets you into everything for no extra cost
ABOUT REGULAR CLASSES
Daytime Dance & Drills
Daytime drop in class at Flazeda!
$19 to run dance drills, and get your boogie on over in the Hub!
HULA HOOP HOTSHOTS
Get circus fit with Sian Brigid! This 10-week performance course will see you learning a full length hoop choreography and building the technique required to keep a hoop spinning while you dance!
Sewing costume bases
(FIVE WEEK MINI TERM)
Mondays, 6-7:15pm (starting 12 July)
Get started on one of the most versatile costume bases - a triangle bra - and pick up some sewing basics with Jazida.
All about that balance! Learn the art of sword dancing from one of the best bellydancers in the ACT: Bronwyn Buasavanh. Swords provided, all welcome!
(FIVE WEEK MINI TERM)
Wednesdays, 6-7:15pm (Starting 14 July)
Learn every step of how to style your very own hair from Canberra's premiere pin-up hair stylist: Miss Cherrybomb!
(HEELS PERFORMANCE COURSE)
Get ready to get your groove on! You'll learn the art of the tease from our resident burlesque superstar and founder of Flazeda Hub!
In Beginner Bellydance, students will learn the foundation movements of bellydance, from basic to moderately complex technique, movement, and combinations, and a beginner friendly choreography.
BEGINNER fan veils
Learn how to flutter and flap with two of Canberra's most experienced fan dancers! You'll be given all the tools you need to start your feather fan dance journey.
ADVANCED Fan Veils
Need something a little fan-cier? Jazida is one of Australia's very best fan dancers and she's here to teach you all the tricks of the trade. Learn a full length choreography in this 10 week performance course!
Behind the scenes skills
(FIVE WEEK MINI TERM)
Mondays, 6-7:15pm (starting 16 August)
Do you need to brush up your skills off the stage?
Come learn helpful tips and tricks for social media, music, and performer admin to make your glitter life less stressful!
BABES AND BEATS
A dance class designed for baby carers and wearers! Build your bond with baby in this fun class for grown ups and their tiny humans.
( FIVE WEEK MINI TERM)
Wednesdays, 6-7:15pm (Starting 18 August)
Upgrade your costumes with guidance from Vicky from Rockstars and Royalty in this packed mini-term!
Stretch & Flex
Drop in to a casual class to help you stretch out your muscles and build your flexibility.
This course is run by Jazida (a certified Flexibility Instructor) and Ella Phoenix (a qualified Exercise Physiologist)
This advanced bellydance 10 week performance course will see you learning a full piece of choreography taught by the incredible Jacqui!
BOOK REGULAR CLASSES
Once you become a member, you can buy single/bulk class credits or auto-renewing credits.
https://studiobookingsonline.com/flazeda (works best on Chrome browser)
STANDARD PRICE LIST
x1 Class Credit = $25 ($25 per credit)
x5 Class Credits = $120 ($24 per credit)
x10 Class Credits = $230 ($23 per credit)
Auto renew x 10 credits every month = $200 ($20 per credit)
Auto renew x 10 credits every 2 months = $210 ($21 per credit)
Auto renew x 10 credits every 6 months = $220 ($22 per credit)
Auto renew unlimited credits every month = $330
The "FABULOUS FAN DANCERS" professional performance troupe member must have completed a minimum of x3 terms of Fan Dancing and get unlimited access to fan dancing classes and rehearsals for $250 per quarter
Not sure how to book in to classes at Flazéda?
Our booking system works best on Chrome!
Check out this instructional video for the key steps>>>
But if you get too stuck, then feel free to send us a message, email us at email@example.com, or just pop in to the studio and you can book/pay on arrival
BOOK A PRIVATE LESSON
Private lessons are available most Monday and Thursday evenings (as well as other ad-hoc times) with Jazida.
You can book and pay for these in the links below.
Jazida is the founder of Flazéda and can support solo act development with you during your private lesson.
Jazida is a Canberra-based entertainer, producer and teacher. 21st Century Burlesque Magazine says “I will not forget her any time soon” and listed her as #46 in the Top 50 most influential burlesque industry figures across the globe for 2020. Jazida has become recognised as one of Australia’s premiere burlesque performers, having been accepted to perform at the Burlesque Hall of Fame in Las Vegas in 2018 and virtually in 2020, chosen as the representative Australian Headliner for the Perth International Burlesque Festival in 2019, selected as a Featured Artist for the Australian Burlesque Festival 2019, and selected as teacher on the Australian Burlesque Cruise 2020.
Terms and Conditions of Enrollment
Refunds and Make-Up Classes
- A seven day cooling off period for cancellations and refunds are available after enrollment. After which, a full refund will only occur if the class term is cancelled or postponed
- In some cases of injury, illness or other personal circumstances, a deferment of fees can be negotiated prior to the absence or when the situation first occurs.
- When a student misses a class, they are welcome to attend any other class (make-up class) provided by Flazéda within the same term (where spaces are available). There is a maximum of 3 make-up classes per term. Individual classes will not be refunded or extended.
- Where a student is unable to attend a booked one-on-one workshop, they must give a minimum of 2 days notice after which refunds can only be given at discretion.
Late enrollments and payments
- Late enrollments will still be accepted if the class is not full. The full term fee remains payable until week 4.
- Late paying students are not guaranteed a place if the class is full. Where not negotiated and full payment has not been made by week 4, a 25% late fee will be added to the invoice for student.
Injuries and Risks
- While all reasonable care is taken in the conduct of classes, Flazéda does not accept responsibility for injury or loss caused in or near the classes.
- It is the student’s responsibility to ensure they are medically fit for classes and to notify the teacher of any known injuries/limitations and to adjust the movement accordingly.
- Where a student has a known medical condition that requires an action plan, they must inform Flazéda teachers before commencing classes.
- Students must ensure that they are using appropriate footwear and taking appropriate safety measures – by enrolling as a student, you declare you take full responsibility.
- Where an accident or incident occurs, details will be reported to Flazéda and properly recorded.
- If required, students may receive medical treatment including first aid and agree to meet any associated medical expenses (including ambulance).
- Appropriate behaviour is expected while in and around Flazéda. While nudity/partial-nudity will be part of class, it is expected that you cover up if travelling around the building and that you are respectful of the building and other people in the vicinity.
- Classes are aimed to be a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment for all students. There is zero tolerance for bullying, intimidation or discriminatory behaviour.
- Where students must bring other people with them (such as children/family), there must be express consent from all the class members for them to be a spectator. Otherwise, they will need to wait in one of the other rooms of the hall until the class is complete.
Photos and Videos
- Photos/videos taken, may be used for the purpose of promoting the school. Any sensitive images will always be cleared with you first. If you wish for your image not to be used or have any concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students understand that public community performances may result in and photos and videos being taken by the media or members of the public
- All choreography learned is the intellectual property of Jazida (or the teacher/choreographer) and where students choose to perform this without the troupe/Jazida, permission must be granted from Jazida (and the teacher/choreographer) and credit must be given.
- All resources provided in class (such as handouts) are not for further circulation or to be used by students to teach others without permission from Jazida or the teacher/choreographer.
© Copyright Flazeda