Hire Our Spaces
About the Space
Two Studios Available
Both studios include mirrors, sprung floors and sound systems which can be connected to via bluetooth or aux line. Adapters for iPhone and USB-C are also available.
Other features available in the space include an aerial rigging point, x2 wireless microphones, a DI, a bar, LED parcans for custom lighting, x4 theatre blocks.On request, a venue projector is also available for hire with the room.
Flazéda is upstairs and unfortunately, there is no lift access. We believe in accessibility and are working to make things accessible where we can through livestreaming and shows/events at other accessible venues.
Studio 1 (The Flamingo Room) is our main space and has a COVID capacity of 36 and is approximately 7.6mx9.7m (not including the bar).
Studio 2 (The Green Room) is our smaller space and has a COVID capacity of 12and is approximately 7.6mx4.5m
We encourage Flazeda students to use the studio spaces to progress their professional development as adult performing artists - whether beginners, intermediate, advanced, or semi-professional or professional artists. Studio items are also available for hire during your studio hire to support rehearsal and training in our spaces. This includes:
- Boas and gloves for rehearsing burlesque
- Fan veils for rehearsing silk fan dancing
- Feather fans for rehearsing burlesque ostrich fan dancing
- Hula Hoops for rehearsing circus sideshoop hula hooping and hoop dance
- Coin Belts for bellydancing and drum solos
- Silk and Chiffon Veils for bellydance veil dance
- Swords (coming soon) for sword dancing
- Juggling balls (coming soon) for circus style juggle practice
- Basic costume pieces (such as shimmy dresses, sequin two piece costumes, and more)
To request hire of these items, get in contact with us! Please ensure any items used are sterilised using the antibacterial spray and wipes available (to prevent the risk of COVID)
You can see availability and book time in the studio directly through the calendar below.
The Flamingo Room costs $45 per hour ($40 per hour if more than 4 hours) or $25 for 30min
The Green Room costs $35 per hour ($30 per hour if more than 4 hours) or $18 for 30min
Event hire that uses the entire space gets a discount - to discuss this discount please email firstname.lastname@example.org
(as the fee will vary depending on the specs of your event)
Established students get a discount ($40/$30 per hour instead of $45/$35)
Flazeda Covid Safety.pdf
Size : 1741.659 Kb
Type : pdf
Terms and Conditions
Special Terms & Conditions Relating to Covid-19
Flazéda has put in place protocols to help protect the health and safety everyone in the studios. In response to the Covid-19 outbreak, all studio users must agree to the following special terms and conditions:
- Sign in via the electronic register every time you enter the studio by following the instructions located by the doors; and check that all participants have successfully signed in.
- Make use of the antibacterial wipes and cleaning supplies provided where appropriate. We recommend cleaning frequently touched surfaces (door handles, sound system, light switches, air con switch, tables).
- Familiarise yourself with and follow Safe Work Australia’s procedure for reporting suspected cases of Covid-19; and contact email@example.com in the event of a suspected case.
Follow all instructions that may be given by Flazeda’s studio manager or any government authority.
Flazéda staff will be reviewing our Covidsafe Plan regularly in accordance with ACT Health guidelines and regulations, and we reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time.
Standard Terms and Conditions
the Hirer agrees to pay Flazéda prior to the commencement of the hire
payment will be made at the time of booking
Flazéda 5 hours notice if the Hirer wishes to cancel their confirmed hire of the studio
cancellation within less than 5 hours notice will incur a 100% cancellation fee on the total cost of hire
maintain public liability insurance in respect of the venue.
ensure that the Hirer has access to the venue at all times during the term of hire.
- strictly adhere to the booking times, which indicate the time you enter and exit the venue.
ensure that the person/organisation who booked is addressed is actively participating in the activity for which the space is hired.
not under any circumstances sub-lease the studio to a third party.
use the space for the activity stated in this agreement and for no other purpose.
treat the venue with care and responsibility at all times.
inform Flazéda of any damages to property and/or equipment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- strictly NO smoking on the premises including the Balcony.
Hirers must tidy the space, and remove all rubbish from the Building attributable to the Hirer’s use and return the venue to its condition prior to use by the Hirer — cleaning fees will apply.
- the Hirer is responsible for securing the venue at the conclusion of hire.
not attach in any way to walls doors, glass, floors, furniture or fittings in or around the space any nails, screws, adhesive tape, signs or other items unless prior permission has been granted by Flazéda.
not at any time graffiti or write/chalk on the walls
not interfere with or alter any of the electrical installations, lighting, sound systems or other technical equipment owned by Flazéda.
- understand that failure to comply to these conditions will result in immediate expulsion and cancellation of hire without refund and may be required to pay any fines, damages, penalties or charges incurred.
Termination of Hire
Flazéda will terminate this agreement if the Hirer is in breach of their obligations set out above
© Copyright Flazeda